So, this will be where I do something better with my day. hopefully, I won't be talking so much. Or maybe I will.
I'm new to this so give me a second to gather myself. I think I want to write about people and places...OK, so here goes:
She was walking home from her friends' flat in East Acton. It was late and the night buses were running but she couldn't be bothered with another bus or the probable drunk munger sitting there and staring at her chest or worse. Besides, the night was warm and the rain had stopped, it was about a mile walk home to her flat and she didn't mind being outside.
The party was OK for a Friday night. Everyone seemed to be really pissed by midnight and a few folks had passed out on the couches at 10 pm. Tom wasn't there and she felt a little stupid for asking after him to all his mates. 'He has a friend visiting from home,' they all said, like they were reading from a rehearsed script.
'I just wish he would've told me he was moving out last night,' she told Nick, her friend from work.
'Well, he just found out he could move into his new place and he didn't want to be a burden or anything.'
'Does he really have a friend in from Oz in London or not?'
'Actually, she's from Spain and they met when he was on tour a few years back. But, don't tell him I told you anything, OK?' Nick looked around the room to see if anyone had heard him, 'Look, let's get a drink and maybe go round the back?'
'No, its OK, thanks Nick, I'm gonna go see what Amy's getting up to. See ya'
Sam went up to the fourth floor and found Amy there with Patrick and Mike and a bunch of coke, 'I see how it is then, you lot got in touch with Scribbs and didn't even tell me he came by!'
...
Wednesday, 5 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment